February 1, 2016 through March 31, 2016 .
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) announces the anticipated availability of grant funds under the Florida Boating Improvement Program (FBIP). Applications for grant funding for fiscal year 2016-2017 will be accepted beginning February 1, 2016. Applications must be received by FWC before close of business on March 31, 2016. Applications received after the deadline will be ineligible for consideration. For more information, email FBIP@MyFWC.com or call (850) 488-5600.
The Florida Boating Improvement Program provides funding through competitive grants for boating access projects and other boating-related activities on coastal and/or inland waters of Florida. Eligible program participants include county governments, municipalities and other governmental entities of the state of Florida
Eligible uses of program funds include:
- Boat ramps; lifts and hoists; marine railways; and other public launching facilities
- Piers, docks and other mooring facilities
- Recreational channel marking and other uniform waterway markers
- Derelict vessel removal
- Boating education
- Economic development initiatives that promote boating
- Other local boating-related activities that enhance boating access for recreational boaters
If you have any questions, send email to FBIP@MyFWC.com or call 850-488-5600.