This program has been set up exclusively for receiving reports of missing or damaged signs and buoys. Please note that requests for marker permits or marker information are not to be submitted through this On-call Response Program, and will not receive a response.
If you want information on manatee zones or obtaining informational signs please call the FWC's Imperiled Species Management section at 850-922-4330 or go to MyFWC.com and click on "Manatee" .
The FWC operates an on-call response program to coordinate the timely examination, evaluation and appropriate repair of marker assets that represent a potential hazard to navigation. This type of response system provides an efficient notification process for directing personnel to evaluate issues and take appropriate action. In some cases, this may involve passing on reports of non-FWC-related waterway problems to another responsible entity such as the United States Coast Guard.
IF YOU SEE A DAMAGED FWC SIGN OR BUOY, PLEASE REPORT IT. CALL:
Information to have when calling/emailing:
- Location of damaged marker (GPS coordinates, waterbody name, nearby landmarks, county, nearest city or town, etc.)
- Brief description of the problem
- Your name and contact information
When a damaged sign or buoy is reported by telephone to 866-405-BUOY or by email:
- FWC will assess the problem.
- FWC will identify/mark it, if it presents a potential hazard to navigation.
- FWC will work to fix the problem.
For more information about this program, please contact:
FWC, Boating and Waterways Section
Division of Law Enforcement
620 South Meridian Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1600