Every child counts, as does every single experience. But if you have a group such as a fishing-related business, fishing club or civic group, you may want to organize a kids fishing event. The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission is always interested in having sponsors and volunteers to help with kids fishing clinics. Unfortunately, given staff and budget considerations, we are limited in when and where we can sponsor events, but if we cannot be there in person, we can still help ensure you have the tools to put on your own event in the most effective and efficient manner possible. Check out these links for some great support and ideas:
- Use Take Me Fishing best management practices, workbooks, event planning kits, handouts, evaluation strategies, event scheduler etc.
- Fishing for Success (UF) is a multifaceted program that uses fishing and other related activities as the "hook" to introduce children of all ages to various aspects of fisheries and aquatic environmental sciences.
- Passport to Fishing is a professionally developed curricula to teach kids about fishing at events.
- Casting Kids is a B.A.S.S. program offered by Federation Chapters around the state.
- Project Learning Tree is an award winning, multi-disciplinary environmental education program for educators and students in PreK-grade 12.
- Explore the Blue Discovery Education and the Recreational Boating and Fishing Foundation collaborated on this wonderful site.