The TrophyCatch angler recognition program is the hallmark of the long-term Florida Black Bass Management Plan (BBMP). TrophyCatch will promote ecological, social and economic values that are important to everyone who supports conservation. TrophyCatch will help ensure that Florida is the undisputed “Bass Fishing Capital of the World” through the Black Bass Management Plan.
The program will:
- Create a statewide record keeping system to document catches of trophy bass.
- Instill a stronger catch and release conservation ethic among anglers.
- Educate anglers about the importance of trophy fish to our fish populations.
- Allow the public to participate in the management of Florida’s unique aquatic resources.
- Provide an understanding of the necessary components of a trophy fishery.
TrophyCatch Size Tiers:
Requirements: Photo documentation of bass-on-scale and ruler + TrophyCatch application + Bass must be released.
Requirements: Same as Lunker Club requirements (above).
Hall of Fame Club
(13 pounds or greater)
- Requirements: Same as Lunker Club requirements (above) + Weight will be verified on certified scale by FWC employee.
- Note: Hall of Fame Club fish will only be accepted between Oct. 1 and April 30. Bass 13 pounds and greater caught outside of the Hall of Fame season (May through Sep.) will be accepted into and receive incentives for Trophy Club level fish.
Bass graphics by Duane Raver, Jr.
This program is supported by Federal Aid in Sportfish Restoration (SFR).