- Greater amberjack: Closed Sept. 10-Dec. 31, 2016, in Gulf state and federal waters.
- Commission Meeting – St. Augustine: Marine Fisheries items discussed Sept. 8 Agenda
- Recreational harvest of jolthead porgy, knobbed porgy, whitebone porgy, saucereye porgy and scup in South Atlantic Federal waters closed Sept. 3, 2016
- Participate in the statewide Lionfish Challenge or the Panhandle Pilot Program.
- Gulf red snapper state season: Open Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in September and October, and on Labor Day. Season extended and will also be open Nov. 5-6, 11-12, and 25-27.
Fishing in the Know
The Marine Fisheries Management Monthly Newsletter
A quick and easy way to keep in the know about changes to state and federal regulations, current season openings and closures and Marine Fishery events. Subscribe.