- Mutton snapper workshops planned for August
- Recreational gray triggerfish season closed through Dec. 31, 2016, reopening to harvest Jan. 1, 2017 in Gulf of Mexico state and federal waters. Federal News Release
- Gulf County/St. Joe Bay: The recreational bay scallop season will open Aug. 22, run through Sept. 5, 2016 (Labor Day), and will close to harvest Sept. 6, the daily bag limit will be 40 scallops per person or 200 per vessel, whichever is less, in all waters west of St. Vincent Island through the west bank of Mexico Beach Canal in Bay County.
- Participate in the new statewide Lionfish Challenge or the Panhandle Pilot Program.
- Gulf red snapper state season: Open Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in September and October, and on Labor Day.
Fishing in the Know
The Marine Fisheries Management Monthly Newsletter
A quick and easy way to keep in the know about changes to state and federal regulations, current season openings and closures and Marine Fishery events. Subscribe.