The bay scallop population in St. Joseph Bay has declined due to impacts of red tide. To ensure the population can recover quickly, the FWC is considering options for the 2016 harvest season in state waters west of St. Vincent Island including St. Joseph Bay including a potential cancellation of the harvest season.
Red snapper - Season in Gulf federal waters is June 1-June 9 for private recreational anglers (closing June 10) and June 1-July 17 for federally permitted charter boats and headboats.
- Red drum bag limit lowered to 1 fish in Northwest zone starting May 1 News Release
- 2016 Red Drum Public Input Opportunity
- April Commission meeting news
- Gag and black grouper changes approved at February Commission meeting.
- Gulf red snapper state season: Open Saturdays and Sundays starting May 7; continuously May 28 through July 10; Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in September and October, and on Labor Day.
Fishing in the Know
The Marine Fisheries Management Monthly Newsletter
A quick and easy way to keep in the know about changes to state and federal regulations, current season openings and closures and Marine Fishery events. Subscribe.