Blue Land Crab - Cardisoma guanhumi
|Regulations||Gulf State Waters||Atlantic State Waters|
|Daily Bag Limit
||20 per person per day
- Legal Gear: by hand, landing or dip net
- Illegal Gear: traps, bleach or any other chemical solution
State Waters Harvest Seasons: Closed July 1- October 31
- Harvest, possession, purchase or sale of eggbearing blue land crabs is prohibited.
- The practice of stripping or otherwise molesting eggbearing blue land crabs in order to remove the eggs is prohibited and the harvest, possession, purchase or sale of blue land crabs from which the eggs, egg pouch or bunion has been removed is prohibited.
- No person shall harvest or attempt to harvest any blue land crab on, upon or from the right-of-way of any federal, state or county-maintained road, whether paved or otherwise, or from any state park.
Learn more about land crabs in Florida.