FWC Marine Fisheries Statewide Workshops
The FWC is continually striving to identify and prioritize marine fisheries issues that are important to the people of Florida. Toward this end, we recently conducted a survey that asked the public where they thought FWC should focus marine fisheries management efforts. During the month of July, we is also conducting workshops throughout the state to get a better understanding of the issues identified through the survey and to determine if there is anything else of concern or interest to you that we haven’t heard about. This is your chance to let us know what we are doing right, where you see opportunities for improvement, and what your top priorities for marine fisheries management in the future are. We will use the input gathered from these workshops to prioritize agency efforts in the coming years. The workshop schedule is listed below, including a state-wide webinar to be held on July 27th.
All workshops are from 6 to 8 p.m. local time.
- Key West - Harvey Governmental Center, 1200 Truman Ave.
- Naples - City of Naples – City Clerk Office, 735 8th St. S.
- Islamorada - Founders Park Community Center, 87000 Overseas Highway.
- Punta Gorda - Punta Gorda City Hall, Council Chambers, 326 W. Marion Ave.
- Coral Gables - Hyatt Regency Coral Gables, 50 Alhambra Plaza
- St. Petersburg - Fish & Wildlife Research Institute, 100 Eighth Ave. SE, Karen A. Steidinger Auditorium
- Jupiter – The River Center, Burt Reynolds Park, 805. U.S. Highway 1
- Crystal River – City Hall Council Chambers, 123 U.S. Highway 19
- Pensacola - Sanders Beach-Corinne Jones Community Center, 913 South I St.
- Destin – Destin Community Center, 101 Stahlman Ave.
- Panama City – Gulf Coast State College, 2nd Floor Conference Room #232A, 5230 West U.S. Highway 98
- Steinhatchee - Steinhatchee Community Center, 1013 Riverside Drive
- Stuart - City of Stuart, Commission Chambers, 121 SW Flagler Ave.
- Ft. Pierce – Garden Club of Fort Pierce, 911 Parkway Drive
- Cocoa - Central Brevard Library, 308 Forrest Ave.
- Ormond Beach - City Hall, 22 South Beach St.
- Statewide Online Webinar -
- Carrabelle - Carrabelle City Hall, Cafeteria, 1001 Gray Ave.
- Jacksonville - Jacksonville Public Library: Southeast Library, 10599 Deerwood Park Blvd.
*Instructions on how to join the online webinar can be found here. Contact the Division of Marine Fisheries Management at 850-487-0554 or Marine@MyFWC.com with any questions about connecting to the online webinar.