Staff have heard concerns about cobia in recent years and are collecting public input on this fishery.
Cobia is currently open year-round and has a minimum size limit of 33 inches fork length and a daily bag limit of one fish per person with a total of six fish per vessel.
Attend a public workshop to share your input on cobia.
You can also comment on this and other topics at MyFWC.com/SaltwaterComments.
For your online comments to be considered at the July 10-11 Commission meeting, please submit input no later than June 15.
Meeting locations and dates (6-8 p.m. local time):
- Tallahassee - May 16 - LeRoy Collins Leon County Public Library, 200 W. Park Ave.
- Pensacola - May 18 - Sanders Beach-Corinne Jones Research Center Parks & Recreation Department - 913 South I St.
- Destin - May 22 - Destin Community Center - 101 Stahlman Ave.
- Panama City - May 23 - Gulf Coast State College, Enrollment Services Bldg., Room 124/The Gardner Room, 5230 W. U.S. Highway 98
- St. Petersburg - May 25 - FWC Fish and Wildlife Research Institute, Karen A. Steidinger Auditorium - 100 Eight Ave. SE