Note: If you require any special accommodations, please call the regional coordinator for your county at least two weeks prior to the first date of class.
Option 1 Traditional Courses:
The traditional hunter safety course covers the knowledge, skills and attitude needed to be a safe hunter. This is a 12-hour classroom setting, test and 3-hour range. Follow this link to register for a course near you. Just click on the date you would like to attend and fill out the online registration form.
When registering online for your course, be sure to include your e-mail address where indicated. This will ensure that you receive your confirmation notice and your reminder prior to the date of the course. This also gives us another way to reach you in case the course date has been changed or cancelled due to an emergency.
Option 2 Internet Course:
The Internet-based Hunter Safety Course allows the student to learn a majority of the knowledge portion of the course via distance learning. The remainder of the course is covered in a 4-hour classroom setting, test and a 3-hour range. Prior to beginning the course online, you should register for a completion Course.
Step 1 - Follow this link to register for a completion course near you. Click on the date you would like to attend that states, "Internet Students Only" and fill out the online registration form.
Step 2- Complete one of the following four on-line courses:
- Florida's free on-line hunter safety course
- HunterEdCourse.com - Interactive animations and photos with narration and closed captioning so you hear, see and read the course, making learning easy and enjoyable . Pay only if you pass. Over 90% of users recommend. ($13.00)
- Hunter-Ed.com Florida - Listen, read, or both! Exam questions are read aloud, with pictures to trigger your memory. Learn with hundreds of realistic illustrations, and see exactly how firearms work with detailed animations. ($24.50 - pay only when you pass!)
- HUNTERcourse.com Florida - Fully narrated study guide with more than 400 illustrations and 65 interactive flash exercises. Offer 7 day/week customer service and tech support. ($24.95 - pay only when you pass!)
- Florida Virtual School Outdoor Education Course - Free and open to Florida residents ages 12 to 18. The only course in the nation to combine both hunting and boating safety. Participants will develop skills in outdoor activities and learn about the benefits of physical activity while using proper safety procedures to experience wildlife, outdoor and extreme sports. By meeting all of the requirements of the Outdoor Education course, not only will students receive their Florida Boating Safety Education ID Card and be eligible to obtain a Florida Hunter Safety Certificate, they’ll also earn a 0.5 credit for high school, and meet public school requirements for taking an online course and a physical education course.
Note: Those with previous firearm training experience can complete the hunter safety course by taking the online course, reading the current year hunting regulations and following the procedures outlined in the skills day exemption application.
Note to Parents:
- If your child is under 18 years of age, they must present to the instructor at all courses a Parental Release Form signed by the child's parent or guardian. This will allow your child to participate in the live fire exercises. Download the Parental Release Form
- Parents or legal guardians are required to accompany children under the age of 16 to all classes.
- This course is designed for 12 year-olds and older.
- Questions regarding our program? - Ask FWC or Search the Knowledge Base