Youth Hunting Opportunties
The FWC offers several opportunities for adults to take youths (under age 16) hunting.
- The FWC offers two deer hunts at Camp Blanding WMA and two deer hunts at Andrews WMA. During these hunts, permitted youths and their nonhunting supervisors are the only persons allowed on the area.
- Two youth waterfowl days are held after the end of the regular waterfowl season. For more information, obtain the 2015 – 2016 Migratory Game Bird Regulations for Waterfowl and Coot Seasons brochure (available in mid-October) or visit MyFWC.com/Duck. Quota permits are not required for these hunts.
- Youth waterfowl hunts are held on the stormwater treatment areas and on the T.M. Goodwin/Broadmoor Unit.
- Youth small-game hunts are held at Caravelle Ranch, Ross Prairie and Jennings Forest WMAs. Quota permits are not required for these hunts. Additional information is provided in the specific WMA brochures.
- Family hunts are offered on many WMAs. These hunts provide opportunities for a permitted supervisor to hunt with up to two youths.
- Youth spring turkey hunts are held on many WMAs the weekend before the spring turkey season begins. Only those under 16 years old are allowed to harvest a turkey while supervised by an adult, 18 years or older.