The FWC offers hunts on some management areas to those hunters certified mobility-impaired. These hunts are reserved exclusively for certified mobility-impaired hunters.
What this certification allows
- The certified mobility impaired hunter to apply for and participate in Mobility Impaired Quota hunts.
What this certification does NOT allow
- Hunting or fishing without the required licenses and permits.
- Access to management areas when they are closed due to weather or other emergency closures.
Requirements and conditions
- A statement by a licensed physician, on the FWC-provided Physician Certification Form (you will have an opportunity to print this form during the online application process), stating that the applicant is permanently disabled in a qualifying manner, is required.
- Qualifying disabilities are:
- Permanently dependent upon a wheelchair for ambulation
- Permanently required to use assisting aids to walk
- Permanently required to use braces or prostheses on both legs
- Single-leg above the knee amputation
Applicants with temporary disabilities are not eligible for mobility-impaired certification.
- This certification must be in the physical possession of the holder when participating in Mobility Impaired Quota hunts and must be presented to any law enforcement officer, FWC personnel, Forest Service personnel or other law enforcement personnel upon request.
Information you must have available to apply for this permit
- Contact and identification information, including a daytime telephone number where you can be reached during normal business hours.
- To receive notification of application approval or denial, the applicant will need to supply an e-mail address. If an e-mail address is not provided, the applicant may return to the application Web site periodically to determine if the permit was approved. If approved, the permit holder must print the certification.
- A printer and Adobe Reader .
How to apply for this permit
- Click on the "Apply for Mobility-impaired Certification (MI) Now" button below. This will take you to a login screen.
- If you have previously applied online for an FWC special permit (AMP, SUV, MI, Antlerless Deer, or Deer Dog), enter your username and password, or other identifying information. If you have not applied online for an FWC special permit before, click on "Register Here" and enter the requested information to create your user account and continue.
- Click the “Apply for New Permit” link.
- Complete the form and choose “Save and Continue” at the bottom to proceed.
- Print the required Physician Certification Form. If you plan to return the completed Physician Certification Form by fax or mail, you must also print the Cover Sheet.
- Have your doctor complete the Physician Certification Form. You can scan and upload the signed Physician Certification Form or you can fax/mail it to FWC (be sure to use the provided cover sheet).
- Your application will be reviewed by FWC.
- If you supplied an e-mail address, you will receive notification by e-mail of approval or denial of the application. If you do not supply an e-mail address, you will need to return to the site periodically to check your status.
- If approved, login to the application site (by clicking the link below) and print the certification document.
- Read and sign the certification document.
- Permit holders must reapply very five (5) years by resubmitting an application form. A physician certification does not need to be resubmitted. Permit holders who have not renewed within three (3) years of the expiration date will be purged from the system and must submit both the application and physician's statement form.
If you have general questions, need help renewing your permit or check the status of your application call 850-488-3641
If you need an ADA accommodation to complete this application call 850-488-6411