Please read the Mallard Possession Rule and FAQs before applying for these permits.
The following permits are available for possession of mallard ducks.
Apply for a permit here.
1) No-cost Personal Pet Permit for Class III Wildlife (includes mallards).
2) License to Possess Wildlife for Exhibition or Public Sale
Annual permit for Class III wildlife is $50 for an unlimited number of animals.
3) Permit for Wildlife and Migratory Bird Rehabilitation
This is a joint application for FWC and US FWS.
There is a $25 fee (paid to the US FWS) if you are approved for the permit.
4) Private Game Farm License
$50 annual fee (per 372.16)
5) Private Hunting Preserve License*
$70 annual fee. (per 372.661)
* Note: No new preserves are being licensed to release mallards, per 68A-12.010 (12).