A St. Vincent National Wildlife Refuge (NWR) White-Tailed Deer Permit is a type of limited entry permit that is required in order to participate in primitive weapons or archery hunts on St. Vincent Island for white-tailed deer. These are U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service hunts issued by FWC. If you have questions about the refuge’s rules and regulations or would like further information on the hunts, please go to http://www.fws.gov/saintvincent/ . Click the Application Worksheet link at the bottom of the page for specific hunt dates.
- Cost: The permit fee is $25.00
- Requirements: There are no requirements in order to apply for this permit.
- Issuance Method: Saint Vincent Island NWR White-Tailed Deer Permits are issued on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Exemptions: There are no exemptions; you must have a Saint Vincent Island NWR White-Tailed Deer permit to participate in these hunts.
- Restrictions: You may purchase one Saint Vincent Island NWR White-Tailed Deer Archery Hunt permit and One Saint Vincent Island NWR White-Tailed Deer Primitive Weapons Hunt permit. When hunting, you must have a picture ID along with a Florida hunting license and Saint Vincent Island NWR White-Tailed Deer Permit. During the specified hunt season, hunting will be allowed from Thursday until noon Saturday. Regulations and bag limits are provided by the St. Vincent National Wildlife Refuge .
- Group Applications: Group applications are NOT available for this permit type.
- Preference Points: There are no preference points for this permit type.
- Transferability: St. Vincent National Wildlife Refuge permits are NOT transferable.
- Guest Permits: Guest permits are NOT available for this permit type. During the hunt, only licensed and permitted hunters are allowed access to the refuge. Non-hunting guest are prohibited during periods open for hunting.
- Reprints: You can reprint lost or destroyed non-transferable Saint Vincent Island NWR White-Tailed Deer permits online at no cost or at a license agent or tax collector office for about $2.50. Receipts, temporary license numbers, and printed copies of Internet pages may not be used as a Saint Vincent Island NWR White-Tailed Deer permit.
- How to Apply: You can apply online (sign on and choose “Apply for Limited Entry/Quota Permit”) or complete the Application Worksheet (click "Application Worksheet" at bottom of page) and present it to any license agent or tax collector office . Children and residents who do not hold a Florida drivers license or Florida ID must apply as non-residents to use the online system.
- How to Get Your Permit: During the First-Come, First-Served application period you are immediately awarded your permit, and the license agent or tax collector will immediately print your permit. If applying online, you can immediately print or save your permit. The permit will remain available online until the last day of your hunt. If you choose to pay for your permit online, be sure you have access to a printer and to disable your browser’s pop-up blocker, so that you can print or save your permit directly from the website.
Application Dates and Worksheet