FWC to meet Nov. 20-21 in Weston
Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Media contact: Amanda Nalley, 850-410-4943 (marine fisheries issues);
Susan Smith, 850-488-8843 (other issues)
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) will meet Nov. 20-21 in south Florida. The meeting, at the Bonaventure Conference Center, 250 Racquet Club Road, Weston, starts at 8:30 a.m. both days. The public is invited and will be provided opportunities to speak.
Highlights of the agenda include:
- A proposed FWC work plan for fiscal year 2014-2015;
- Staff reports on Everglades restoration;
- Proposed freshwater fishing and hunting rule changes;
- A proposal to establish localized deer management units for Zone D;
- Review of Biscayne National Park Management Plans and summary of impact to FWC stakeholders;
- Draft rules on sea cucumbers, swordfish and removal of Gulf reef fish venting tool requirement;
- Atlantic and Gulf fishery council updates.
For the full agenda: MyFWC.com/Commission, select “Commission Meetings.”
Can’t attend meeting in person? Follow live coverage on Twitter @MyFWC and join in the conversation by using tag #FWC2013. Link: https://twitter.com/MyFWC.
Check the Florida Channel (www.thefloridachannel.org/) for live webcast times.