Commission to meet Feb. 12-13 in Tampa
Wednesday, February 05, 2014
Media contact: Amanda Nalley, 850-410-4943 (marine fisheries issues);
Susan Smith, 850-488-8843 (other issues)
(Back to Commission meeting news)
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) will meet Feb. 12-13 in Tampa. The meeting, at the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, 4500 W. Cypress St., Tampa Airport – Westshore, starts at 8:30 a.m. both days. The public is invited and will be provided opportunities to speak.
Highlights of the agenda include:
- Discussing issues relating to fish and wildlife conservation and, on day two, fishery management council updates.
- Possible rule adjustments for a few St. Johns River boating restricted areas.
- Proposed hunting and fishing rule changes to increase sportsmen’s opportunities at FWC-managed areas.
- A decision on implementing new sea cucumber harvesting regulations.
- Deciding whether to remove a recreational bag limit prohibition for captain and crew of for-hire vessels seeking certain Atlantic reef fish.
- Presentation of a red snapper draft rule to set the 2014 recreational fishing season in Gulf waters.
For the full agenda: MyFWC.com/Commission, select “Commission Meetings.”
Can’t attend meeting in person? Follow live coverage on Twitter @MyFWC and join in the conversation by using tag #FWC2014. Link: https://twitter.com/MyFWC.
Also check the Florida Channel (www.thefloridachannel.org/) for possible live webcast times.