Do you have questions about FWRI's internship program? Find the answer here.

Can I intern if I'm not a U.S. Citizen?
Yes, but you must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. You'll need to provide a copy of your Visa - Type/B1 or other documentation authorizing you to legally work for FWC.

Who can serve as an FWRI intern?
College students and postgraduates are eligible.

Do interns get paid?
No, these positions are unpaid positions.

Is housing available?
Interns are responsible for housing and transportation.

When are internships available?
We offer internships during fall, spring, and summer semesters.

What will I be working on?
The FWRI Principal Investigator will assign you tasks that may consist of an individual research project or may involve assistance with ongoing research. In either case, at the end of your internship, you will be expected to present a short (10-15 minute) seminar describing your activities.

Am I graded?
The Principal Investigator will complete an evaluation form and provide it to your sponsoring professor.

Do I have to write a paper?
Not necessarily, although that is at the discretion of your FWRI Principal Investigator.

What is a sponsoring professor?
If you are enrolled in a degree-seeking program you are required to be sponsored by an appropriate administrator (professor, teacher, intern program administrator) at your home institution. That person will sign your paperwork and will receive a summary of your accomplishments.

Where can I find more information about internships?
For more information visit our Internships and Volunteers section.

FWC Facts:
Some seagrass beds, such as those in Florida Bay, are so large they are visible from space.

Learn More at AskFWC