Find out who to call if you find a dead, sick, or injured sea turtle.
If you find a dead, sick, or injured sea turtle, please call FWC's 24-hour Wildlife Alert Number at 1-888-404-FWCC (1-888-404-3922).
Please be prepared to answer the following questions:
- What is the exact location of the animal?
- Is the turtle alive or dead?
- What is the approximate size of the turtle?
- Is the turtle marked with spray paint? (This may indicate that the turtle has been previously documented.)
- What is the location of the closest access point to the turtle?
If the turtle is alive, please be prepared to stay with it until help arrives.
Important Contact Numbers