Attracting wildlife to our yards by planning and planting for their needs is simple and satisfying. If we supply adequate food, water and shelter, we can increase the number and variety of species that visit our properties, improving our chances of observing them more closely while providing the habitat they need to survive.
Get started with Planting a Refuge for Wildlife
First printed in the 1980s and now revised and updated, the 40-page Planting a Refuge for Wildlife booklet is designed to help a new generation of landowners attract, enjoy and conserve wildlife. The booklet will help you
- entice a variety of animals to your property;
- evaluate your current landscape and create a habitat plan;
- select the appropriate native plants;
- design a bird, butterfly or pollinator garden;
- add nest boxes, feeding stations and water features.
Purchase your copy of Planting a Refuge for Wildlife (one copy). Bulk or wholesale forms are available for ordering at a discounted price. Call 850-488-8755 to request a form (for a minimum order of 10).
Visit Create Wildlife Habitat at Home for more information and tips.
Art from Planting a Refuge for Wildlife
by Swannee Nardandrea