(Return to MyFWC.com/DisasterPlan)
Follow us on Twitter to receive the latest disaster-related news and updates.
Please revisit this page periodically for updates, or sign up to receive updates automatically.
Severe weather or other circumstances have affected areas as described below.
- No closings at this time.
Wildlife Management Areas, Wildlife & Environmental Areas, etc.
Due to hazardous road conditions where flooding is taking place and to ensure public safety, the Florida Forest Service has temporarily closed the following WMA roads to vehicle traffic:
Cary WMA – Due to hazardous road conditions resulting from heavy rains and to ensure public safety, Florida Forest Service (FFS) staff have temporarily closed the following road portions to vehicle traffic:
- that portion of Big Oaks Road that lies east of Powerline Road;
- that portion of No Catch Road that lies north of the intersection with Cypress Pond Road.
This closure is effective from Aug. 28 until staff from the FFS determine that road conditions are safe for public vehicle use.
- Belmore WMA – all roads (07/16/14)
- Arbuckle WMA - School Bus Road (06/30/14)
Due to hazardous road conditions where flooding is taking place and to ensure public safety, the following WMA road has been temporarily closed to vehicle traffic, effective March 18:
- Big Shoals WMA – that portion of Road 1 that lies between the intersection with Road 8 and the intersection with Road 14.
Suwannee/Santa Fe River Flood-related Speed Zones
- None in effect at this time.