(Return to MyFWC.com/DisasterPlan)
Follow us on Twitter to receive the latest disaster-related news and updates.
Please revisit this page periodically for updates, or sign up to receive updates automatically.
Severe weather or other circumstances have affected areas as described below.
- No closures at this time.
Wildlife Management Areas, Wildlife & Environmental Areas, etc.
- Fort Drum WMA - Due to hazardous road conditions, vehicle access is closed from the intersection of Entrance Road and East-West Road and beyond (approximately 4.5 miles of road - see map). Because this is the only entrance, FWC staff recommends hunters consider bringing alternative, non-motorized (bicycles) vehicles to assist them in navigating the area. (10/23/14)
- Big Shoals WMA - Recent heavy rains have resulted in poor road conditions in some areas. Persons are advised to proceed with caution while recreating on this area. The use of 4wd vehicles is recommended when crossing a portion of Road 1 just east of the intersection with Road 6. Alternative access to Road 1 is temporarily allowed for hunters through the entrance from Old Godwin Bridge Road (labeled “State Park Entrance: Big Shoals” on the WMA brochure map). (09/30/14)
- Belmore WMA – Due to hazardous road conditions where flooding is taking place and to ensure public safety, the Florida Forest Service has temporarily closed Spring Road to vehicle traffic. (09/02/14)
Suwannee/Santa Fe River Flood-related Speed Zones
- None in effect at this time.